Doraisamy, Gnana Sekaran (2007) Hubungan Tekanan Kerja dan Kepuasan Kerja dengan Komitmen Terhadap Organisasi: Satu Kajian di Ibu Pejabat Jabatan Kerja Raya Malaysia. Masters thesis, Universiti Utara Malaysia.
|PDF - Submitted Version |
Restricted to Registered users only
This analysis has been conducted to analyze levels, correlations and influence of work stress attributes (Workload and Resource Inadequacy) and job satisfaction attributes (Working conditions, Work itself, Supervision, Carrier Promotions, Co-workers and Pay) towards organizational commitment among the technical personnel in JKR Malaysia Headquarters in Kuala Lumpur. Quantitative methods were used in this research which includes descriptive and inferential test through data collection from the questionnaires. There were 550 respondents who were given the questionnaire forms and the respondents consist of technical personnel from Grade 17 to Grade 54. Out of the 550 questionnaire forms given out, 409 were returned which means to say that the response rate was 74%. However, only 399 questionnaire forms were found completely answered for the analysis, while the remainder of 10 questionnaire forms were incompletely answered and were rejected. Research has been conducted through well structured questionnaire consisting of 80 questions as a research tool. The data was analyzed using Statistical Package for Social Science (SPSS) Version 12. Descriptive and inferential techniques were applied which includes frequency test, ANOVA Test, Pearson Correlation-r and Multiple Linear Regression to test the 3 hypothesis formed. The research finding shows that personnel in JKR Malaysia Headquarters of having high level of job involvement, medium level of satisfaction and low levels of job stress. Research also found that there was significant correlations between Resource Inadequacy, Working conditions, Work itself, Supervision, Carrier Promotions, Co-workers and Pay towards organizational commitment in JKR Malaysia. The result of multiple linear regression shows all the variables in this study contributed only 42% and the remainder 58% were contributed by other factors which were not tested. The results also showed there was significant difference towards organizational commitment based on age, length of service and field of service of the technical personnel in JKR Malaysia. Based on the research finding in order to increase the level of commitment among technical personnel, the management of JKR Malaysia must properly plan and assign tasks based on individuals ability and need to allow them to fully utilize their expertise to perform the job of project management. Employees with low level of satisfaction and commitment need to be identified to get their ideas and view for better improvement action to be taken effectively.
|Item Type:||Thesis (Masters)|
|Subjects:||H Social Sciences|
H Social Sciences > HF Commerce. > HF5601-5689 Accounting
|Divisions:||College of Business (COB)|
|Deposited By:||Mr Husni Ismail|
|Deposited On:||16 Oct 2008 12:17|
|Last Modified:||26 Nov 2009 12:59|
Repository Staff Only: item control page